Delivering a presentation can cause even the most confident among us to break a sweat. Whether you are delivering a formal presentation, making a pitch, or leading a group discussion, communicating your message with poise, confidence, and conviction is essential in connecting with your audience and inspiring them by building trust and credibility.
Through oral presentations and small group activities, you will put proven techniques and tools into practice, test out new approaches, and learn to communicate clearly and confidently. Discover the powerful impact of storytelling and practical persuasion skills to authentically illustrate your message. Learn how to effectively organize materials to blend analytical and emotional content into a compelling story, and incorporate dynamic introductions and memorable endings into your presentations. You’ll leave the program with the skills needed to engage, inform, and inspire others—and improve your ability to communicate as a leader.
Note: All program content will be delivered live and will not be recorded.
- Learn guiding principles of making effective presentations
- Build confidence in your presentation abilities
- Cultivate your personal leadership and communication style
- Learn strategies on handling hostile audiences
- Earn a digital Certificate of Participation from the Harvard University Division of Continuing Education
Who Should Enroll
- Learn effective delivery skills involving presence, vocal variety, body language, narratives and humor, and handling nerves
- Crafting clear and concise messages
- Understand and connect with your audience
- Effective handling of Q&A sessions
- Understand persuasion strategies to gain buy-in and influence your audience
- Explore strategies for online communications, webinars, podcasts, Zoom platforms, etc.
This online program is appropriate for business professionals at all levels of experience who would like to enhance their communication skills to succeed in delivering impactful presentations. Participants must be fluent in English to participate fully in fast-moving discussions and exercises.
This online offering is a variation of our previously offered Delivering Effective Presentations, Introduction to Public Speaking: Effective Presentation Skills, Advanced Executive Communication Skills, and Leadership Communication programs. If you have taken any of these, please consider one of these offerings