Internal and external consultants alike rely on a variety of consulting tools to diagnose organizational problems and identify and evaluate potential solutions.
Designed for internal consultants with less than seven years of consulting experience, this online offering explores the tools and essential consulting skills that prepare you to deliver more effective solutions to your clients. Through a combination of lecture, case discussion, and interactive group exercises, this online offering teaches you analytic techniques that can be used in diverse settings, including small and large companies, and for-profit and nonprofit organizations.
Note: All program content will be delivered live and will not be recorded.
- Build a foundation of knowledge for success in a consulting role
- Gain an understanding of the consulting process
- Acquire essential consulting skills for contracting with clients, collecting, analyzing, and presenting data
- Learn consulting techniques in the areas of strategy formulation, market research, operations, performance management, and project management
- Learn how to engage more effectively with those consulting for your organization
- Earn a Certificate of Participation from the Harvard University Division of Continuing Education
Who Should Enroll
- Overview of the consulting industry, trends, and the role of consultants
- Strategic frameworks for the consulting process
- Problem definition
- Discovery and data collection
- Recommendation and presentation
- Balanced scorecard
- Operational diagnostic tools
- Hypothesis trees
- Research methods
- Dealing with resistance
If you currently work with consultants or would like to understand and use consulting tools and techniques within your organization, you benefit from this online program.
Those with less than seven years of consulting experience will likely discover additional tools to enhance your expanding toolkit.
This online program is not recommended for independent consultants. Those who work within a consulting firm or are an internal consultant with a company will find this online offering most beneficial.