The word “authenticity’ is being embraced by organizational cultures worldwide. We are witnessing an ever-increasing call for authenticity from leaders at all levels amidst our volatile and uncertain world.
This intensive program unpacks the myths and realities of authentic leadership and provides research-based tools, activities, and strategies to become a more authentic, mindful leader. You will explore the paradox of authenticity in the workplace, learn to lead from your most authentic self, and identify practical ways in which you can lead authentically today.
Participants can expect in-depth self-reflection, case discussions, and practical activities and tools to gain clarity and confidence as their most authentic selves—all within today’s organizational context.
- Identify your real values and understand how they influence your actions as a leader
- Learn the frameworks, tools, and strategies to step into your true power as a leader
- Achieve higher levels of trust in organizations, greater employee job satisfaction, and ultimately higher levels of group and organizational performance
- Gain the clarity, confidence, and courage to lead as your true and best self
- Discover your team’s authentic strengths
- Earn a Certificate of Participation from the Harvard Division of Continuing Education
Who Should Enroll
- Distinguishing between helpful and unhelpful authentic behaviors
- Understanding and leveraging your unique leadership strengths
- Exploring and leveraging the relationship between mindful leadership and authentic leadership
- Building trust and transparency in your team as an authentic leader and navigating the authenticity paradox
- Cultivating a team based on team members’ individual and aggregate strengths and their authentic selves
This program is designed for mid to senior-level managers seeking to expand their skill set in leading themselves and others more mindfully and more authentically. It is designed for leaders seeking a more inspiring way of thinking about their role and the potential impact they can have in their organization and in society.
Leadership skills developed in this program will benefit for-profit companies, nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, and government agencies alike.