Understanding how your role is linked to your company’s strategy will help you determine the key issues and priorities needed to focus and align your work with your company’s strategic goals and objectives.
In this online program, you will learn how to identify your organization’s strengths, weaknesses, resources, capabilities, and core competencies. and use strategic tools to evaluate competitive forces, industry attractiveness, and environmental threats and opportunities.
In addition, you will learn to sharpen your vision, critical thinking, and decision-making skills by analyzing various companies’ strategies, as well as assessing the strategy of the company you work for, including how your department can help the company strengthen its strategic position, and build a sustainable competitive advantage.
The online program offering is highly interactive and consists of business cases, interactive discussions, presentations, and group exercises.
- Perform external and internal analyses for companies and evaluate the dynamics of competition
- Build strategies using appropriate frameworks and tools
- Understand your own company’s strategy
- Align your role with your company’s strategic goals and objectives
- Develop recommendations to strengthen your company’s strategic position and competitive advantage
- Understand the basics of strategy implementation and control
- Earn a Certificate of Participation from the Harvard Division of Continuing Education
Who Should Enroll
- The process of crafting and executing a strategic plan
- Frameworks and tools to conduct external and internal analyses
- Evaluating the competitive conditions and industry attractiveness
- Assessing a company’s resources, capabilities, competencies and competitive advantage
- Different types of business strategies
- Strategic moves companies make to strengthen their competitive position in the market (i.e., blue ocean and disruptive innovation strategies amongst other strategies).
- Effective strategy implementation and the strategic change process
This online program is designed for:
- Professionals and managers at all levels of the organization who have limited exposure to strategy
- Managers with some strategy experience who are looking to refresh their business strategy knowledge and skills
- Business owners and employers from any industry who are interested in developing the skills needed to analyze and execute strategies.