Becoming an expert negotiator requires the ability to structure and execute complex negotiations effectively. But because many negotiators don’t have the knowledge or tools, they find themselves in situations where they keep getting the same results.
In this online program, you’ll learn how to transition from a capable dealmaker to an expert negotiator and how to create value for yourself and your organization. Going beyond basic negotiation tactics, this highly interactive online program delves into strategic planning and the systematic thinking that exemplifies expert negotiators. You’ll learn how to drive success as a negotiator, whether you’re inking a high-stakes deal for your company or engaging in multiparty negotiations.
This fast-paced online learning experience includes negotiation exercises, analysis of business cases, and discussion of challenges you may face at the bargaining table. You will develop more sophisticated negotiating skills, learn how to avoid common deal-making pitfalls, utilize expert planning tools, and emerge prepared to conduct a wider range of complex negotiations with confidence.
Note: All program content will be delivered live and will not be recorded.
- Design and execute more effective negotiation strategies
- Improve outcomes
- Boost your bargaining power
- Identify and eliminate barriers to success
- Develop more effective and focused thinking
- Communicate more effectively and influence others
- Negotiate across international or cultural boundaries
- Earn a Certificate of Participation from the Harvard University Division of Continuing Education
Who Should Enroll
- Orchestrating the negotiation process
- Offers, anchors, and influence
- Methodology of sequencing, mapping parties, and interests
- Interests, constraints, alternatives, and perspectives analysis
- Addressing cognitive errors, perceptions, and biases
- How to communicate more effectively and motivate others
- System 2 Thinking and controlling the optics
- Principles of influence: preparing your argument and your audience
- New insights into cross cultural negotiation strategy
- The challenges of multiparty/multi issue negotiations
This online program is designed for professionals in business, industry, government, and non-governmental organizations with some negotiating experience who want to take their strategic skills to a higher level. It is especially helpful for those engaging in multiparty deals, international negotiations, or more complex situations.