In this program, you’ll transition from a capable dealmaker to a master negotiator and learn how to build value for your organization. Going beyond basic negotiation tactics, this highly interactive program delves into strategic thinking and planning. You’ll learn how to drive success as a negotiator, whether you’re inking a high-stakes deal for your company or engaging in multiparty negotiations.
This fast-paced learning experience includes negotiation exercises, analysis of business cases, and discussion of challenges you may face at the bargaining table. You will develop more sophisticated negotiating skills, learn how to avoid common dealmaking pitfalls, and emerge prepared to conduct a wider range of complex negotiations with confidence.
You will benefit the most from this program if you have completed basic negotiation training like our complementary program, Negotiation Skills: Strategies for Increased Effectiveness. However, there are no prerequisites for this program.
- Design and execute more effective negotiation strategies
- Improve outcomes involving multiple parties, issues, and agendas
- Negotiate across international or cultural boundaries
- Boost your bargaining power while creating value for all parties
- Identify and eliminate barriers to success
- Earn a Certificate of Participation from the Harvard University Division of Continuing Education
Who Should Enroll
- Orchestrating the negotiation process
- Sequencing related deals
- Aligning dealmaking and implementation phases
- Building and managing coalitions across the negotiating process
- Managing your team to gather constituent support
- Choosing how and when to share new information
- Deciding when to present new options for creating value
This program is designed for professionals with some negotiating experience who want to take their strategic skills to a higher level. It is especially helpful for those engaging in multiparty deals, international negotiations, or more complex deals.